5 Simple Ways to Keep Your Website Relevant in 2019
Your website says a lot about your business. It’s one of the first places potential clients will go to check out your brand and get to know you, and like it or not these people are going to judge you based on what they find there. If your website hasn’t been updated in almost a decade then chances are visitors are going to think that your brand is equally outdated. So the question is how do you keep your website relevant and current in an online space that is constantly changing and upgrading?
Well, not to worry. We’ve got a few of our best tips for doing just that.
- Make sure your website is built for mobile devices. 10 years ago it might have been safe to say that people did most of their web surfing on laptops and desktop computers, but now that’s just not the case. In fact in 2018 52.2% of world wide web traffic was generated through mobile phones. That means that if your website isn’t built for or doesn’t read well on the small screen of a phone then you are missing out on a huge share of the market.
- Write your content for humans not search engine algorithms. Yes, keywords are important and you should definitely use them, but at the end of the day it’s real people who are going to read your content and choose whether or not to support your business. Make sure that the written content on your site is quality, engaging, and speaks to your specific audience, and then you can go through and sprinkle a few keywords here or there.
- Understand your Keywords. Keywords are there to help you with your SEO (search engine optimization);
- like we said above they’re not the be all and end all but they do play a vital role in making sure that your site appears in the right searches. For example, a quick look through our site and you’ll probably find the phrase ‘Web Design Cairns’ mentioned just a few times. That’s because we want to make it easy for new clients to find our services and connect with us and we know that this is a phrase people will use in search engines.
- 4. Add regular content that can be shared across multiple channels. Search engines, like Google, like sites that are constantly adding new content: content like blogs, videos, articles, top tips, etc. The added bonus of this content is that it gives people in your ecosystem a reason to return to your site on a regular basis. By sharing content that links back to your site you instantly drum up more visits.
- 5. Update your website as often as possible. The time frame on this will look different for almost every business. If you work in the tech industry you’re going to want to make sure that your website is always cutting edge, but if you’re in retail overhauling your website layout every 12 months might not be as high of a priority. Whatever industry you’re in there are small updates like written content, members of the team, products and services that should be constantly updated.
So there you have it. If you want your website to be relevant this year and the next then give these tips a go, and if you need some expert help with any of them you can contact us on 07 4222 1660 or email@example.com